I'm not a huge fan of the Republican party and even less of a fan of the scaremongers that have come out of the woodwork to represent them for president. Still, I can't help but look on with bemusement as Mike Huckabee, of all people, rises in the polls. What an idiot! It's one thing to back someone because you agree with their opinion on a hotly contested issue, entirely another to back someone who's ideas are as ludicrous as Huckabee.

Exibit A: Not only did he say it 15 years ago, he still stands by it.

On Quarantining AIDS patients: "I didn't say that we should quarantine, I
simply made the point, and I still believe this today, that in the late '80s and
early '90's, when we didn't know as much as we do now about AIDS, we were acting
more out of political correctness than ... normal health protocols." Mike
Huckabee, 2007

Nevermind that the CDC put out a statement explaining that AIDS was not "catchable" through normal contact 7 Years before the Huckster made his original statement.

I find him hilarious. His mistatement about becoming "oil free of energy consumption" is hilarious but I think has been taken out of context to smear him. The scariest part of what he had to say was a paragraph back in the answer to Katie Couric's question, whether climate change is overblown.

"I don't know. I mean, the honest answer for me, scientifically, is 'I
don't know.'"


Honestly, what he had to say about being on this earth as guests, Republicans missing the boat on conservation, and CO2 cap and trade were right up my alley. Still, he is running for president and can't understand the science enough to come to a conclusion on whether climate change is real or not. How can anyone trust him to understand or implement solutions for it. His first sentence contradicts everything he says afterward and makes him look like an idiot. Which, in my opinion, he is.