I'm sure that conservatives are crowing about this headline on Fox News

Individuals with conservative ideologies are happier than liberal-leaners, and new research pinpoints the reason: Conservatives rationalize social and economic inequalities.

Boy, I'd better switch my party affiliations, I can save some money in therapy bills!

Wait...what did you say?

Conservatives also scored highest on measures of rationalization, which gauge a person's tendency to justify, or explain away, inequalities.

The rationalization measure included statements such as: "It is not really that big a problem if some people have more of a chance in life than others," and "This country would be better off if we worried less about how equal people are."
Oh, so if I can just gloss over all the problems with the world I can go through life thinking everything is OK? Sure, I'll drink that koolaid. Everyone who is poor is there because they didn't work hard enough. Everyone who's sick is that way because they didn't take good enough care of themselves (no need to make sure they have insurance I guess). Heck, I'm sure all date-rape victims were drunk sluts anyway, why fund rape crisis lines.

I wonder if this rationalization is due simply to ideology or primarily to the beatific smile inducing, glassy eyed, conformist, anti-academic theology that modern conservatives flock to.