WLKY.com

OLDHAM COUNTY, Ky. -- A hunter mistook his son for a turkey, shooting the boy to death in what authorities called a terrible accident.

Oldham County police said a man and his 14-year-old son were hunting on private property in the 2000 block of Rebel Ridge Road about 7 a.m. Sunday when they got separated.

When the father noticed some movement in the woods, he
fired a 12-gauge shotgun, accidentally killing his son, police
said.



Can I just re-iterate my disgust with idiots who can't take the time to identify their target. This is apparently the third accident similar to this that has happened in the last month, another boy was killed in West Virginia.

I don't care that people hunt, I just care that they are so stupid about it that they endanger everyone's lives that are out in the field. Turkey hunting is the worst since everyone is in full camo and shooting heavy loads, not to mention the problem of people calling each other in rather than a turkey. You will never find me out hunting during turkey season, that is for sure. I try to stay away from the stupidheads of the world as much as possible.