Whew! I'm finally awake after a week of less than adequate sleep. This really sounds like my state of mind this week (and reminds me of a paper written by a certain friend freshman year at Mac, a paper fueled by late nights, caffeine and ephedrine).

According to a case described in the medical journal Sleep Medicine, a 44-year-old sleepwalker logged onto her computer and emailed out party invitations to friends...The mails themselves were perhaps not up to the woman’s waking standard; each was in a random mix of upper and lower case characters, badly formatted and containing odd expressions. One read: “Come tomorrow and sort this hell hole out. Dinner and drinks, 4.pm. Bring wine and caviar only.” Another said simply: “What the…”


If you've recieved any weird emails from me please disregard them.

I managed to get way behind in all my classes after the ski trip to Silver Mountain. I realized this weekend just how far behind I was when I started into my statistical ecology homework (three assignments behind). It took me nearly ten hours to complete the mathematical proof to show that the Poisson distribution approximates the binomial. That time was spent basically giving myself a crash course in algebra and calculus. I haven't used them for over a decade and my skills were rusty to the point of inability to function.

I'm now mostly caught up after spending 3 of the last 5 nights out past 3am doing homework. Today I brought Berlyn to preschool and went back to bed at 8:30am. I woke up at 1:00pm and nearly missed an important meeting at school. Wow!